HypnoBirthing – Plymouth, Devon
HypnoBirthing proponents subscribe to the belief that when a woman is given the proper preparation for childbirth she usually can experience a safe and satisfying birthing, free of the fear that causes tension and pain.
HypnoBirthing methods are now being taught in the UK and I am one of a small number of therapists in the UK currently qualified to teach HypnoBirthing techniques, based here in Plymouth, Devon.
It is usually a course of four to five, two-and-a-half hour sessions in Plymouth, Devon at £60 a session which will allow the woman to be fully prepared for a calm and natural birth.
The HypnoBirthing Course – What Will I Learn?
- Techniques of deep relaxation to help eliminate the fear-tension-pain syndrome.
- How you and your birthing companion can create a birthing environment of calmness rather than stress.
- Simple but specialised breathing techniques for each stage of labour.
- How your birth companion can help you stay calm and focused on the techniques you’ve been taught.
- Techniques to release any fears you may have about childbirth, regardless where they came from.
- How to reduce your risk of tearing during birth with a simple massage technique.
- The creation and control of the body’s own natural anaesthesia.
- Practice in deep relaxation during and between uterine contractions.
- The importance of prenatal and perinatal bonding.
- Other techniques to produce a shorter, more comfortable labour.
The Hypnobirthing Course includes:-
- The Book, ‘HypnoBirthing – a Celebration of life’
- A CD on relaxation
- A CD of each session
- Course Literature
Read my article on “Fear of having a baby” for a wonderful account of HypnoBirthing.